Monday, April 26, 2010

More blocks and a layout

Rachels block #8 was to find our favorite pinwheel block and make 2. I did a little searching online for some different blocks.....but then found these.....Aren't they awesome! Thanks to KarrieLyne I found my favorite block! It's done by paper piecing, and was quite simple......after some trial and error of course.


These area couple other blocks I found, but I'm not too crazy about them.



These 2 are definately going in my quilt.

This is my first layout. I'm not sure if I want to add more or not. I really like the size of a 4x5, but I really like the way it looks on my bed so it may get bigger :)

2 comments:

gale said...

Love those round pinwheels. Soooo cool! I am not big on paper piecing but I may have to try it because I like that. The others look great too-I like the ones you don't like. And they all look amazing all put together!

Sherri said...

Love all the pinwheels...I've been wanting to make the paper-pieced ones too...maybe this summer!