Monday, March 22, 2010

A Little Ambicious

My second quilting class was a Friendship Star wall hanging. I didn't feel the need to have another wall hanging so I thought I would basically triple the "recipe" and make myself the perfect lap quilt to cuddle with on the couch!
I was instantly drawn to the Oz collection by Moda as it sat right outside the classroom door. Many Thangles later I had lots to work with.


As the laundry piled up I was busy putting all the blocks together.


My dining room table, where I do all my sewing, was the perfect size to put all the yummy blocks in perfect order!

This is my quilt 85% done. I used a twin size flat sheet in a taupey color for the back so I wouldn't have to piece fabric together. I plan on machine quilting it. Being new to quilting there's still many tools that I don't have and one of them is a darning foot for my machine, I will hopefully find one this week and get it finished! I know it's bright, but I love the colors, perhaps growing up in the 80's influenced my color choices :)





5 comments:

gale said...

That is gorgeous!! I love thangles! If it weren't for those things I would never have any quilts with triangles.

Ariane said...

I love your quilt. It is looking amazing!

Cath Ü said...

That is brilliant.. love the colours in the fabrics...

Cath's Blog

Cath Ü

amy smart said...

This quilt is so wonderful! I love that Oz fabric and I love what you've done with it!

Bonita Rose said...

wow this is outstanding! I am in awe!